Tags; Its My Life! My World!

Nokia 3230 (77) It’s My Life (42) Vehicles (21) Reality (19) Alibag (18) Nokia N95 8GB (16) Food (11) Funny (11) Movies (10) My Fish (8) Arowana (6) Cell Phones (6) Computer Games (4) HP (4) Adventure (2) NFS (2) TV-Series (2)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Found a Love-Bird! Shall I set him Free or give it to a Pet-Shop!

Found a Love-Bird! Shall I let him Free or give it to a Pet-Shop!
Found a Love-Bird! Shall I let him Free or give it to a Pet-Shop!

It’s been 20 years I guess, when I use to have LoveBirds.
I had green, blue, and white. Nowadays I can see vivid colors in them.
One of my LoveBird even laid an egg, which vanished after 24 hrs without any trace.

My brother found this one sitting on his bike. A flock of crows were trying to kill him.
So he brought it Home. He was not in a good condition.

Now I am confused:
Shall I set him Free or give it to a Pet-Shop!

LoveBirds are not native to India, and they can’t survive here, especially without a Mate.
So if I let him free, Crows and other big birds will bless me!
If I give him to a Pet-Shop, at least he will stay alive!

Social Message: Birds are meant to fly freely. Don’t purchase/ catch/ captivate them!
>------------------------------- Blog Navigation -------------------------------<

10 comments:

Sunisha said...

Set it freeeeee!!

If you love something/ someone, set them free. If it's yours, it will come back. If it doesn't, it was never meant to be yours.

Sunisha said...

How about taking him to a vet??...It's actually too tough a decision.

If you set it free, there's quite a possibility that it might fall prey to the crows or other birds. But you can't really control that, now can you?? It's the law of Nature.

Now if you give it to a pet shop, someone else will buy and cage it.

In my opinion, you should take it to the vet, nurse him to good health and take care of it at your place (without caging it)... but then again you also mention that it cannot survive in Indian conditions... so possibly set it free so that it migrates without falling prey...

I still say, it's a tough decision

Amol Naik said...

He has fully recovered. He’s jumping chirping and is trying to fly away. This is a smart one.

And I can guarantee that he can’t migrate. I had these birds for some 5 years.

Sunisha said...

I have never had pets in my life. So can't really be of much help. Keep it at your place then. Don't give it to the pet shop.
there's no guarantee it will eventually reach in safe hands. If you can take care of it, keep it

Sunisha said...

Like I said, I am no expert. You know what's best! :-)

Amol Naik said...

I can take care of it! But still I don’t want to keep it.
After the death of my arowana I decided not to have any pets anymore.
Maybe a dog.

And trust me I had various kinds of pets: dogs, scorpions, spiders, squirrels, monitor lizards, chicken etc etc. I will suggest not keeping any sort of pets.

Unknown said...

I agree with sunisha don't set it free, it might fall prey to a bird or cat. since you already had birds at home i'm sure you can take care of this one too...

I had dogs at home all my life and we still do. I know how it feels to lose a pet . But the fact remains, no one lives for ever... so just try and enjoy the time you get to spend with them.

Sunisha said...

Hey Subha, I think I said ...
Set it freeeee

viggy said...

I think you have to give it to a Pet-Shop, as you have already decided not to have a pets anymore.
If you give that to a pet shop atleast you know for some days it stays with its fellows and with out any danger.
I also do agree with your social message "do not catch/ captivate them" and I also know how much you feel if you last your pet.
we lost our cat(Janani) during a fight with street dogs to save its kitten.

So give it to a pet shop.

Amol Naik said...

I have decided not to have any pets, except dogs! And that’s final!
It’s my mother who suffers more then me, because she spends more time with them.