Tags; Its My Life! My World!

Nokia 3230 (77) It’s My Life (42) Vehicles (21) Reality (19) Alibag (18) Nokia N95 8GB (16) Food (11) Funny (11) Movies (10) My Fish (8) Arowana (6) Cell Phones (6) Computer Games (4) HP (4) Adventure (2) NFS (2) TV-Series (2)

Monday, June 19, 2006

BLUE EGGS OF THE CROW!

BLUE EGGS OF THE CROW
BLUE EGGS OF THE CROW
Today we were standing in our office gallery, when we saw a crows nest on the top of a tree.

I was arguing with Sankalp, that crows lay white eggs and he said light blue. He started it. Vivek was standing nearby but didn’t took part in the argument.

After three-four minutes the crow who was incubating the eggs, stood upright reveling the light blue color of the eggs.

I was really surprised. I have seen light blue egg-shells in our building premises and near our village farm house, but never thought that they were eggs laid by a Raven.

Thank God, I didn’t bet on it.

I took some shots, but the egg is not visible in the image, due to low resolution of my Cell-Phone Camera. The large distance was also responsible for that.

Better luck next time.

And one thing: Has anybody heard of the Golden Crow.
I don’t think so……


This is a rare species of Crow visible in some parts of Maharashtra especially village areas.

Termed as “Sawn Kavala” by the locals, this crow looks same as the regular crow.
The only distinct feature is a long peacock like golden brown tail which might be some 2 to 3 feet in length.

This crow doesn’t caw caw’s, but makes a strange continuous hooting sound with a time lapse of one second.

This is a beautiful species of crow. I have seen them since I was a kid.
Its sighting is referred to be the sign of Good Luck, and they can be seen in some specific areas.

Last week I had an opportunity to take a picture of one such crow, but I missed it.
But next time I will not, and stay tuned until I get the shots.

Wish me good luck.


xquar Search - Its not different!------------ Blog Home----------- Blog Sitemap

2 comments:

Vikster said...

Is the Golden Crow also called Bharadwaj?

I know people thiink that seeing one of those also brings them good luck.

Amol Naik said...

Don’t know, maybe………